Cost: $505 Member/ $705 Non-Member
Domain C: Risk Management | 6 clock hours
Your No. 1 role as a meeting professional isn’t executing flawless experiences or driving business results for your organization. It’s ensuring the safety and security of the people you have brought together onsite. But if this is your most critical role, how prepared do you feel for stepping into it during a crisis or incident? And do you have the plans in place to ensure that you are successful?
Build and maintain an understanding of the risk management and emergency planning process with this six-hour certificate course, developed in partnership with the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) at the University of Southern Mississippi. Discover processes for risk assessment and emergency preparedness, adapted from the best-in-class experts in marathons and World Cups. Deep dive into incident management strategies as needed for the prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery from all-hazard emergency incidents. Discover techniques to prevent and respond to everything from ordinary incidents such as fights or drunkenness to extraordinary crimes, violence, terrorist attacks, and natural disasters.
Learn how you can ensure the safety and security of all attendees, limit damage, and restore services in the event of emergencies. Helping your organization host successful meetings begins with creating events that are safe and secure for all attendees and stakeholders. Give yourself the tools you need to effectively plan for and respond to crisis and deliver on your responsibility to your attendees and your organization.
You’ll Be Able To:
- Differentiate between events and incidents for managing risk onsite at meetings and events of all kinds
- Identify various stakeholders in communication and collaboration for meeting and event emergency preparedness
- Apply risk assessment and management techniques to mitigate, transfer, accept and/or avoid the risk
- Implement and execute the critical components of the emergency planning process
- Create post-event reports and lessons learned and implement tactics for continuous improvement.
Want access to great educational content year-round for a free or reduced rate? Learn more about MPI membership here today!
This session is powered by:
Communicate in Any Language - Everything you say, translated on the fly.