Women play key roles in the hospitality and meeting industries, but many find it challenging to move into leadership positions. In fact, recent studies show that women are 28% less likely to get an executive-level position if they possess the skills that make other job applicants attractive candidates for CEO, COO, CMO and CFO positions. In this four-hour course, we’ll examine why this is, what you can do about it and help you create a personal action plan to overcome some of the common career obstacles women face.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe which skills help women ascend to executive leadership roles in this industry (and beyond).
- Identify methods for overcoming common challenges women face in obtaining leadership opportunities.
- Create a personal action plan for leadership success.
- Locate additional resources available to women seeking leadership roles in the meeting and event industry.
Participants of this course receive:
- 4 clock hours in CMP-IS Strategic Domain E: Human Resources; Domain F: Stakeholder Management; and Domain J: Professionalism
- Access code for Clifton StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment
- Individual Development Plan worksheets to create a personalized action plan
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Certificate in Executive Leadership Skills
- Module 1: Executive Leaders Around the World and in the Meetings and Events Industry
- Module 2: Challenges and Solutions
- Module 3: Creating Your Personal Action Plan
- Module 4: Resources for Further Development
Please note, some pre-work is required for this course (skills assessment, light reading and worksheet). These materials will be emailed to participants.