Date: August 8, 2019
Time: 09:00AM - 01:00PMYou must be registered to participate!
Proposed 4 Clock Hours Domain G: Meeting or Event Design
This training program focuses on practical actions that event planners take to create inclusive environments for events. As part of the learning experience, participants will explore the need for inclusion as well as consider what event participants may need in order to fully participate. The actions are couched in the framework of an event planner’s role as an inclusion broker, a professional who intentionally applies various strategies to support the participation of individuals and groups.
• Describe key findings from MPI research on inclusion.
• Explain the business case for inclusion.
• Consider the many dimensions of diversity and how they can create strengths and pose challenges to create fully inclusive environments.
• Describe the role and strategies of an event planner as an Inclusion Broker.
• Given a case study, recommend actions meeting planners can take to create inclusive environments.
• Commit to taking actions that create an environment of inclusion by completing an Inclusive Action Plan (short term, medium term, long term)